Adel 07424 261366
- Excellent sole-trading electrician (AE, Jun 2020)
Fran Kinsey of Electrics On, 07944 240846 (Peter Cummings, Aug 2005)
- I used Fran for a small job last week but more extensively for extra sockets, new fuse box and full testing and NICEIC certificate last year. (NP, Aug 08)
- Great – trustworthy and reasonably priced. (GP, Feb 2014)
- Fran is good. (SC, Mar 2019)
- Extremely thorough. (RW, Jun 2020)
Steve Land 07836 332443 or 8292 0271
- Recommended: good: local (Oct 2005)
Immy, Live Electrics 07866 572 222.
- He’s just done my kitchen, a complete rewire, and was great. He made it a stress-free process and gave me a full NIC EIC certificate. Was the lowest of 3 quotes. Brilliant. (GK, May 2007)
- Professional, friendly and quick. Provided a better quote than other electricians we spoke to. (KH, Jul 2007)has recently upgraded our electricity including a report which is commonly accepted by councils and estate agents. He does a lot of council work (Tim Sander, Aug 2008)
- Immy puts himself out to answer calls and come round quickly. He’s cured several small problems over the years. (IB, Jun 2019)
Paul Stephens 07941 515 323; 020 8809 0447;
- Very good and not too expensive – and he plays the double bass…. (NARG, Aug 2006)
- Recommended. (SF, Sep 2020)
Athena Electrical athenaelectrical.com
- Highly recommended and do a lot of work in our area. (AE, Jun 2014)
Julia Ovenden Juliaovenden@gmail.com
- Recommended (Mar 2019)
Lloyd Hallowell 07464 786 086
- Lloyd Hallowell is a gem. (MN, Jun 2019)
Peter Blaszczak 07902 880 562
- Peter Blaszczak did our wiring and he was great. (MC, Jun 2019)
Patrick 07469 982 382
- He is very nice. (JB, Sep 2019)
Suley 07961 396 129 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recommended. (JW, Sep 2016)
Wondering what accreditation is widely respected and would be accepted by the council for example?
- As far as domestic electrical work goes, the main body is NIC EIC. There is also NAPIT, ELECSA, BREC-ECA and BSI, but they have much smaller memberships for electricians. All local councils recognize certified electricians of these bodies as competent to self-certify electrical work for ‘Part P’ of the building regs.
- There is a list of ‘Part P’ registered people for ALL trades (not just electricians) at http://www.competentperson.co.uk/
- NIC EIC’s register is at http://www.niceic.org.uk/ but all the domestic installers are included in the part p website above. If you need the work to be compliant with building regs you should always try and check they are on the website. But this can be difficult if you don’t know what business name they trade under. A quick check on the CAAG website, only Fran (Electrics On) and Live Electrics can be found on the NIC EIC website – but that’s probably because we don’t know the names of the trading companies for the others. (NP, Aug 2008)
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD COMMENTS ABOUT ANY OF THESE, OR MAKE ADDITIONAL RECOMMENDATIONS, BELOW. Positive comments will be pre-moderated and may be displayed below or added to listings. Negative comments will not be displayed but will be considered when updating the lists.